Needing new filter!

Jakin

May 8, 2014
OK
Hey all we bought a new pool pump last year and are needing a new filter this year. Wanting to switch from sand to cartridge. However, I’m really only finding the filters WITH the pumps included. Any advice on which filter to get with our current pump? Thanks in advance!

24’ Doughboy above ground
Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 2 speed, 1.5 HP, 116 volts

I don't know where you are in OK, but this and this seems like a good deal. Larger than you need for 12k gallons, but that's a good thing.

Here is another site, INYOpools.com . I'd say anything over 150 sqft is big enough. I like the single element filters as opposed to the multi-element filters. Less to clean and you probably don't need that much surface area for 12k gallons.
This is just a list, shop around a bit for pricing.

What do you think about the Hayward C1200 SwimClear Plus Cartridge Pool Filter, 120 Square Foot. Our volume is probably closer to 11,000gal ... think I should go bigger? This one has great reviews and some of the customers commented as having pools my size.

What do you think about the Hayward C1200 SwimClear Plus Cartridge Pool Filter
I have that filter. It's good. It's small, simple, with not a lot of extra parts to get in the way. Not much trouble at all. My pool is almost 18K and it does fine. The difference between that filter and a larger multi-cartridge filter is primarily the cleaning interval. I'm out in the country and I get a lot of dust and debris that floats on my water. Even with a skimmer sock, I rinse my filter off about every 3-4 weeks in the swimming season. Since it's small and a single cart, it's no big deal. In the colder months I may go 2-4 months without rinsing. Of course with a multi-cartridge filter, you might only need to open it up and rinse 1-2 times a year. So it's really a personal choice for you at this point. But that's been my experience with the C1200.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.