Needing advice on a cracked return housing.

Apr 28, 2015
porter Tx
1st...I know my pool is green lol!! I started the slamming process about an hour ago ?

So here's my issue, we had the liner replaced a few months back. We asked them to replace the housing for the return because it is cracked, and will not hold the original ball joint return nozzle.

The pool is 17 yrs old and they told us it could not be replaced because they no longer make that size. So my husband cut some pvc at an angle and it keeps the upper water circulating, we are worried it's not getting the bottom as good as it could.

The pressure of the water coming out is what keeps the pvc in place. So we thought about an elbow but we're assuming that won't work because of the pressure issue to keep it in place.

So what are your thoughts and suggestions??
Thanks!!
7215892773f0373cdc00eb20d6caaf1a.jpg
bc65158e1c94c8a22e20c6a90efb6834.jpg

I have PVC pipe with elbows and Tees that are just friction fit into my eyeballs. If that pipe is a good tight fit, there's no reason to think an elbow or a Tee would blow off. And PVC fittings are so cheap, it's worth spending a couple dollars to experiment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.