Need to slam after pump not working for 2.5 weeks? Water is clear and have been adding choline.

Texassaltpool

Dec 29, 2020
Leander, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, we had our pump stop working 2.5 weeks ago and have been going through the warranty process to have it replaced. To prevent algae I’ve been basically adding a gallon or more of chlorine to the water every other day and skimming/brushing it. That being said it’s been sitting with the pump off not being filtered or anything for this entire time. Finally getting the pump back on today Is a SLAM going to be necessary or can I wait and test my water and go from there? If there aren’t in CCs and my FC level isn’t to low could I possibly just filter for a few days and get water back in balance. We have never had to slam before thanks to TFP methods we’ve always had clear water and have had our pool almost two years.
Thanks

Get the pump running and run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test after the pool is well mixed. Have the FC up to about 15% of CYA for the test.
Okay I believe we passed the Overnight test.
Cya was at 60, FC 9.5 at dark, tested at first light and FC was at a 9. So would you skip slamming and just get water back in balance and skim/clean the pool of debris? Thanks

Get the pump running and run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test after the pool is well mixed. Have the FC up to about 15% of CYA for the test.
Got everything balanced yesterday and vacuumed ect did another overnight test to see and did go from 8.5 to 7.5 FC, CC is still .5 and cya is now at 75-80. Think we are still good?

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.