Need To Replace Our Above Ground Pool

Bub

Aug 4, 2015
Abington, Pa.
Alas our beloved pool has seen better days and I need to replace it with a similar one. What we have is an 30 year old Ester Williams 18 foot round 4 feet deep pool. We got the pool used in 2004 and had it installed with a new liner. I have a small leak in the liner and tried to patch it but still weeps water. Replacing the liner is not an option as the side walls are pretty pitted. I have checked out some manufactures but really have no idea which one to purchase as my head starts to spin deciding which one. I looked at the Pool Factory, Carvin pools and of course Doughboy.
Install will be pretty simple as we are keeping the same foot print of the pool. I have a Hayward DE filter to reuse so I would just need a new skimmer and return.
I would just like some feed back please on what manufacturer. Thanks

We bought an Endless Summer pool last year and it seems nice enough. We had it installed the last weekend in August and closed it 3 weeks later so no real world knowledge yet. Our last pool was a Vogue pool and it lasted 20 years. Our new liner is from Swimline and it's a beaded liner, I don't know the last pool liners manufacturer but it lasted 20 years. Skimmer - Hayward wide mouth is nice, return - I think they are all about the same. They now come in 52 inch and 54 inch high and we went with 52, the 2 extra inches was $1000 more so we didn't go for it.

Be aware that the codes have changed for pools. More bonding required so if you are not DIYing and/or following codes it is not a total just swap them out.

Thanks Vinny, looks like we are going with a Carvin Pool. The wife likes the Whitewood model. Just waiting for some prices for the install.
Enjoy your new pool! I think we paid about $1600 last year for install. Electrical and sand is not part of that price.

Reactions: Decoy205
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.