Need Some Advice To Fix This Plumbing Leak

Not a permanent fix for sure.

And another thought on plugging the reducer; its tough to tell how much was cut off but I wouldn't try to glue a plug if you don't have enough depth in the hole to cover at least 3/4 of the plug.

It's all fun and games until you spring a leak draining the pool and burn up the pump because it ran dry all day...

Not a permanent fix for sure.

And another thought on plugging the reducer; its tough to tell how much was cut off but I wouldn't try to glue a plug if you don't have enough depth in the hole to cover at least 3/4 of the plug.

It's all fun and games until you spring a leak draining the pool and burn up the pump because it ran dry all day...

I have finished. I was just able to squeeze a coupling on there. The wet spots you see are from the rain and a bit of primer. I couldn't get the T auged out without damaging it further so I took the risk. Time for those cocktails.
24778ae2aabea904f13f126a95dbe3a3.jpg

Why isnt there a male to female fitting that goes into the original PVC pipe and then brings it back to the regular size on the female end. That way if your to close to the concrete you can still glue the male end into the short piece coming out of the ground?

It would reduce the ID of your pipe in half and cause a great deal of friction loss and a bottle neck. If on the suction side would probably starve the pump causing the impeller to cavitate and destroy the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.