bureeto

Apr 12, 2021
Georgia
I have a 15x30 above ground pool at the house i purchased in October. The pump on it is bad and needs to be replaced. the current pump was a hayward Power-Flo LX Pump 1.5 hp. Should i replace it with the same one or go with a different brand? I was looking at the harris 1.5hp above ground pump. is it any good? Also i believe the filter valve is damaged, and if not id still like to replace it because the sticker telling me which setting it is on is illegible. Should i just get the valve or replace the whole filter? If i do replace the filter is it better to purchase filter/pump seperately or as a system?

Welcome to TFP :)

It depends :) Don't you just love those answers.... you can do many things and the cost depends on what you want...

1. A VS pump is the best thing you can do for your money and your pool... They run on very low speeds and cost next to nothing to run... They cost more up front...

2 A 2 speed is the next best thing, you run on low 90% of the time unless your vacuuming the pool or something like that..

3. yes they are cheaper to buy first but they cost you more money every day..

As for the filter, if you have a good one go ahead and keep it but if it is not working or is small then you can replace it...

Thanks for the response! The filter is on the smaller end, I think it's a hayward e200 series that is spherical rather than the more oval shaped ones I've seen doing some research. If it were you which would you go with?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.