Need IntelliCenter Help

Jessnyydd

Feb 1, 2021
New york
Pool Size
Moved from HERE

Hello, first time posting here, but we had been on 1.064 because last year when the Intellicenter took 2.006 we had issues, found the instructions to revert and reverted - were good. Until this week my husband had to go to the panel to check something and it showed that it wanted to update to 2.017 ... leery, we said no to it. And it took the update anyway :(. So i read through all these threads to see common issues with 2.017 and see if we too would have issues with this update. We have the 110056 pump and i did confirm we do NOT have 3.03/3.04 but are still on 2.08. Immediately after the intellicenter updated to 2.017, it lost the internet time setting, and it also threw the Power failure email to us - which when we had taken 2.006 last year, all of a sudden out pool company was like maybe your system is wired wrong. BUT we used their recommended electrician and for 3 years going into that update never had a power issue or failure email until that update. So i don't think its wired wrong, we never really got them to help on that point anyway and just did the revert last year.
Anyway, have that error that posted immediately. Then this morning i did some testing to see if some issues like you guys, I as well could not superchlorinate. set it in the app and nothing happens on the chlorinator, as well nothing in the panel to change it manually. Additionally in the app i could turn on our aqua cal heater, but it wouldn't let me turn off - i had to do that in the panel.

Superchlorinating is a big thing for us, let alone the power failure and being able to turn on/off the heater from the app.

Therefore, i did revert us back to 1.064, BUT have several concerns:
1 - i see that the panel only goes back 4 versions, 1.047, 1.064, 2.006, and 2.017 - so once they push another couple updates we won't be able to revert and then what do we do for these fundamental issues?
2 - we reverted, but is the panel going to keep trying to take the 2.017 update? I hope not, last time we reverted it seemed to let us stay on the version until this one came out.
3 - i see all these comments about the VSF pump 110056 software being no good on 3.03/3.04 versions, we are on 2.08 - and our pool and equipment was installed when we put our pool in Sep 2020 - so its not old, but i imagine not under warranty. our pool installer seems to NOT understand the Intellicenter software but installs this on ALL the pools and they are the largest installed in upstate NY. Its crazy, that we seem to know more then them. So are we going to have to call Pentair to get the Pump software updated to 3.05 or are we OK where we are? and if we have to call Pentair directly, they have to send someone out and charge you? How much does that cost? Also we are 3 weeks out from Pool closing and we do keep the panel up all winter because we have dedicated circuits for our landscape lighting.

Any feedback is appreciated. Pretty frustrated that everyone seems to find some issue now matter what version Pentair releases. They really need to do a better job testing before release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Superchlorinating is a big thing for us,

SUPERCHLORINATE sets the cell to 100% output for 24 hours. The workaround is you raise the SWG % to 100% and you have to remember to reset it back after a day or so. Post a reminder somewhere in your house to remind you to reset the SWG %.

1 - i see that the panel only goes back 4 versions, 1.047, 1.064, 2.006, and 2.017 - so once they push another couple updates we won't be able to revert and then what do we do for these fundamental issues?

There have only been 4 versions released so far. I don't think the panel is limited to maintaining 4 versions and I don't know what the memory size is.

You don't care about 1.047; 1.064 was good; 2.006 was a clunker; and 2.017 has worked for some and not for others.

Usually you just want to revert back to the prior version. Hopefully Pentair will not have multiple bad versions in a row again.

2 - we reverted, but is the panel going to keep trying to take the 2.017 update? I hope not, last time we reverted it seemed to let us stay on the version until this one came out.

No, no one who reverted was forced back to 2.017.

3 - i see all these comments about the VSF pump 110056 software being no good on 3.03/3.04 versions, we are on 2.08 - and our pool and equipment was installed when we put our pool in Sep 2020 - so its not old, but i imagine not under warranty. our pool installer seems to NOT understand the Intellicenter software but installs this on ALL the pools and they are the largest installed in upstate NY. Its crazy, that we seem to know more then them. So are we going to have to call Pentair to get the Pump software updated to 3.05 or are we OK where we are? and if we have to call Pentair directly, they have to send someone out and charge you? How much does that cost? Also we are 3 weeks out from Pool closing and we do keep the panel up all winter because we have dedicated circuits for our landscape lighting.

It does not look to me like the firmware version of your 011056 pump 2.08 is causing you any problems.

Just keep your pump on 2.08 and you should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.