Need information about winter skimmer cover.

Seal

Jun 10, 2015
Holland, Michigan
I probably missed the thread. Never sure where to post. Ancient Doughboy died and was replaced in August. First totally new all at once pool. Old one has been around over 40 years in one form or another. I assumed I’d winterize the skimmer as usual with Aqua door. Face plate on Summerville pool has sloped sides. Aquadoor has no where to grip on the sides. No seal. I have no clue what to use to close off skimmer. This skimmer also seems more fragile than my ancient one. I’ve been browsing internet, pool companies etc. Nothing stands out. I don’t want to drain below outlets. Help, please.

I would contact whom you bought your pool from to see what options are available. You may also need to know/determine which skimmer you have - standard, deluxe, or classic deluxe.
Generally the aquadoor has its own faceplate that replaces the current faceplate of the skimmer, the cover snaps on to this. It is recommended to lower the water level to install/replace the face plate with the aquadoor plate. Many choose to do it at the time of the skimmer installation. After that you would then leave it on year round & when winter comes you just snap on the aquadoor cover, no draining required.
Aside from the aqua door you can try something like this 👇

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.