Need help with pool chemistry; Intex w/ SWG

Is your pool 42" or 48" tall? Your first post says one thing and your sig says another. 42" tall = 3357 gallons, 48" tall = 3861 gallons. These are approximations from Intex, but might give you better figures in the pool calculator. Two pounds of stabilizer may be all you need, so if you only have 1 pound left in the container, I would certainly think about removing some from the sock.

Okay. I'm going to add it now. Didn't add any last night because I wanted to wait for a reply here. I weighed my remaining cya and have 2 pounds left, so that means I've put in a total of two pounds. Think that's alright? There's still a lot in the sick that hasn't dissolved, so I can take it out if it's too much.

Two pounds of stabilizer should be fine to reach the CYA for SWG pools. Now, help me out, have we decided your need to shock the pool or are we just trying to get the CYA in there and the FC up so you will be ready to turn the SWG on to maintain the level?

We also have the same pool as you and according to The Pool Calculator the pool holds 4,600 gallons. In your signature you have 3,500-ish (?). So I am not sure what numbers (for your gallons) in pool calculator you are using (or if 1,100 gallons off) will make a difference. Just my two cents I noticed. :)

The reason I have "ish" is because my frame is 42" tall, but the water level isn't. I assume it's around 36", so if I put that into the pool calculator, that gives me 3,500 gallons. However, it could be a little higher than 36", hence the "ish". I know, I complicate things, lol!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I wondered the same thing about my pool while I was working on the deck next to the pool. I reached over with my tape measure, pulled out a couple feet and stuck it down into the water... I know I have 48 inches of water in my 52 inch walled pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.