Need help with Pentair / Screenlogic schedule **NEWB Alert

loki5

Jun 6, 2023
phoenix
Hi everyone,

Need assistance in setting up a schedule for our "inground Cleaner" & "VSP Pool Pump". Question: If i setup pool pump to run 12 hours, say 8am to 8pm daily...and I have a schedule for CLEANER to run 1pm to 5pm daily, is this system smart enough to know when to run the Cleaner then default back to its Pool pump schedule??

Ideally, I'd love for the pool pump to run all day, with Cleaner to run during off peak hours around 12n-4pm. My current setup is this, and just hurt my head on trying to get a system going to maximize off-peak hours (ON Peak hours here for APS Phoenix is 4pm-7pm weekdays).

Here is my current setup, maybe i'm doing too much?? any help would be greatly appreciated!!

image0.jpeg

Welcome to the forum.
Help us out by filling out your signature. What automation, what pump, what cleaner, etc.

Reactions: loki5
Loki,

It hurts my head when I try to understand your current schedule.. :mrgreen:

We can help you set up something better, but need to know more about your pool.

1. Does your water feature have its own pump, or does a valve just turn and take water going to the pool, and send it to the water feature?

2. What kind of cleaner do you have? an In Floor system, an suction side cleaner or a pressure side cleaner. Does the cleaner have its own booster pump?

3. Do you have a heater?

4. Do you have a Spa?

The best option would be to have the Pool circuit on at a low speed 24/7, and then just add in the other circuits as needed. This depends on the answers to the above questions.

A bunch of pics of your equipment pad and pool would be great!!!

Thanks,

Jim R.

Loki,

It hurts my head when I try to understand your current schedule.. :mrgreen:

We can help you set up something better, but need to know more about your pool.

1. Does your water feature have its own pump, or does a valve just turn and take water going to the pool, and send it to the water feature?

2. What kind of cleaner do you have? an In Floor system, an suction side cleaner or a pressure side cleaner. Does the cleaner have its own booster pump?

3. Do you have a heater?

4. Do you have a Spa?

The best option would be to have the Pool circuit on at a low speed 24/7, and then just add in the other circuits as needed. This depends on the answers to the above questions.

A bunch of pics of your equipment pad and pool would be great!!!

Thanks,

Jim R.

I'll try to answer best I could. I'll add pictures as well to kinda see what setup is.

1. I believe it has its own pump?
2. In Floor cleaning system. Suction in center, and bunch of popups that shoot air
3. Yes (see pic for heater)
4. No Spa

Thanks for the assist!!! Definitely want to clean up the schedule LOL

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (3).jpgunnamed (4).jpgunnamed (5).jpg

Last edited:
Loki,

Why do you run the water feature? Just trying to understand if you are running it for pleasure or think you have to run it x times a day.

Forgetting the water feature for just a minute, here is what I would do.. (Assumes the water feature is off)

Pool at 1500 RPM, 8 am until 8 am.. This would run the pump 24/7 but not use much electricity.. This would provide you with constant skimming.

Cleaner at 3000 RPM from 1am until 7 am. Runs when no one is using the pool.

With the above schedule, the pump would come on at 8 am and run at 1500 RPM until 1 am, when cleaner circuit comes on. This would cause the pump to increase in speed to 3000 RPM until 7 am when the cleaner circuit shuts off and the pump drops back to 1500 RPM.

I'd just manually turn on the water feature when you want to see it.

If you just need to schedule it, pick any time that the cleaner circuit is off and schedule it. The only reason to schedule a water feature is that you want to see it, so schedule it at a time you are likely to see it.

Obviously it is your pool and you can schedule it any way you want.. The times I put in work for me, you just need to adjust them to work for you.

1. I assume you want to run the cleaner when the pool is not being used.
2. I assume you want to run the cleaner when your electricity is the cheapest.
3. I like running my pump 24/7 as I like the look of a pool when the water is moving and not still. You may not care..
4. I like skimming all the time. The better the skimmers work the less junk that will fall to the pool floor.
5. I personally don't like starting and stopping the pump many times a day, or at all for that matter. :mrgreen:
6. When the valve is in the cleaner position, but the Cleaner Circuit is not on, the cleaner will not work as the pump speed is only 1500 RPM. But you will still get return water out of the cleaner heads.
7. I assume the automated valve is moved by the water feature circuit. So the only time the valve is in the water feature position is when the water feature circuit is on.

Let me know what you think and maybe we can come up with a better option.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Loki,

Why do you run the water feature? Just trying to understand if you are running it for pleasure or think you have to run it x times a day.

Forgetting the water feature for just a minute, here is what I would do.. (Assumes the water feature is off)

Pool at 1500 RPM, 8 am until 8 am.. This would run the pump 24/7 but not use much electricity.. This would provide you with constant skimming.

Cleaner at 3000 RPM from 1am until 7 am. Runs when no one is using the pool.

With the above schedule, the pump would come on at 8 am and run at 1500 RPM until 1 am, when cleaner circuit comes on. This would cause the pump to increase in speed to 3000 RPM until 7 am when the cleaner circuit shuts off and the pump drops back to 1500 RPM.

I'd just manually turn on the water feature when you want to see it.

If you just need to schedule it, pick any time that the cleaner circuit is off and schedule it. The only reason to schedule a water feature is that you want to see it, so schedule it at a time you are likely to see it.

Obviously it is your pool and you can schedule it any way you want.. The times I put in work for me, you just need to adjust them to work for you.

1. I assume you want to run the cleaner when the pool is not being used.
2. I assume you want to run the cleaner when your electricity is the cheapest.
3. I like running my pump 24/7 as I like the look of a pool when the water is moving and not still. You may not care..
4. I like skimming all the time. The better the skimmers work the less junk that will fall to the pool floor.
5. I personally don't like starting and stopping the pump many times a day, or at all for that matter. :mrgreen:
6. When the valve is in the cleaner position, but the Cleaner Circuit is not on, the cleaner will not work as the pump speed is only 1500 RPM. But you will still get return water out of the cleaner heads.
7. I assume the automated valve is moved by the water feature circuit. So the only time the valve is in the water feature position is when the water feature circuit is on.

Let me know what you think and maybe we can come up with a better option.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I definitely like everything you suggested and will give it a shot. Being a newb, I run the water feature during those times (particularly 7pm -10pm) as we do like seeing/hearing it while having dinner in back. But yeah, the 11am-3pm...i should not be having the water feature come on. Gonna do what you suggested ....really appreciate the advice

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.