Need help with new test results

Try raising FC a few ppm above shock level. That way, when you lose chlorine you won't fall below shock level. If you have to leave for the day, guestimate what you think you might lose while you're gone and add that much more. FC levels up to mustard algae shock level is safe for your pool and equipment.

Well, I spent yesterday monitoring the FC level and adding bleach throughout the day to ensure it didn't drop below shock level. I also brushed everything twice, including the ladder. To this day, I haven't seen anything that even looks like algae. My water looks very clear. Even after all that I did yesterday, I still failed the OCLT test. Is it weird though that all 4 times I have done it I miss it by 1ppm? When I do my OCLT test in the morning I do it right at daybreak, so it is light outside but the sun is not even high enough that you can see it. That wouldn't make a difference would it? The sun is not hitting the water. I'm so frustrated! I'm wondering what would it hurt to just let it be?

I FINALLY PASSED THE OCLT TEST!!! I can't figure out why I passed it last night (Saturday night) when I haven't added any bleach since Thursday when I spent the day shocking it. I had raised the FC to 23 on Thursday and after my last post on Friday morning letting you know I didn't pass the OCLT, I just decided to let it be and allow the FC to come back down to target range. Last night it had dropped to 6.5 and this morning AFTER the sun was hitting the pool, it was 6. One thing I didn't realize until I was reading on here yesterday was that when I was shocking, the pH should have been 7.2. During the shocking process mine was 7.8. I then lowered it yesterday. I don't know if that made a difference or not? Any thoughts?

I waited on running the OCLT test again on Sunday night since we had held a huge pool party for my boys' birthdays and it was late before all the guests left. I did the OCLT test last night and passed again. Last night FC was 4.5 and CC was .5; this morning FC was 4.5 and CC was 0. Pool water looks great!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.