Need Help with Jandy RS8 Problem

wjr75

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2013
IL
Hello,
We just opened our pool and the Jandy RS8 is not communicating with either the indoor (indicates REV C) or spa controller. All service controls work at the main PCB but the indoor controller has all of the lights on and the spa controllers LED is flickering. I checked the indoor controllers voltage across the red green and its 8.5 volts. there is 2.4 volts across the yellow black center wires so they don't look to be open. Is my PCB board shot or is there any other idea's to check? Thanks for any input!!

Last edited:
You may want to check the wire connections from those devices to the PCB. Since it has not been used for a while, it always best to ensure those wire connections are secure.

Thanks for the reply. I actually got both panels to come up after hitting the PCB reset a couple of times but the indoor panel locked up after I tried to re-enter the date setup. Couldn't get it to come up again. I have a feeling that the PCB board may have died on the communication side of the circuit. At least I can still use service manual mode until I find a replacement card.

Does anyone know what it means when all the LED'S on the spalink remote flash every few seconds? The readout is flashing something too at that time but the readout was going bad for years so it looks like a 8. There was water in the conduit which I tried to pump out the best I could and got the spalink to power up. I also just replaced the PCB board at the main panel. Any idea's before I look into a replacement?

I removed my spa controller so not able to guide you. Can you pull up the spa controller or is it sealed in the deck?

I think I can pull it up but this particular model is totally sealed so you can't open it. I'm thinking maybe try to pull it up and cut the wire and take it to the control box to see if it's the cable shorting. I need to use the old cable to pull a new one if I replace.

Good plan. Normally the antenna wire for the AquaLink has excess 4 wire cable, so you can cut a short piece of that to make the connection to test your spa remote.