Need Help. (What is this?)

Based on the pool photo and the plumbing photo, my guess would be a suction-side cleaner port. Normally they have a little spring loaded door that opens but maybe not in this case?
If you take the plug out, turn the pump on and feel suction there, that is what it is.
r.

Based on the pool photo and the plumbing photo, my guess would be a suction-side cleaner port. Normally they have a little spring loaded door that opens but maybe not in this case?
If you take the plug out, turn the pump on and feel suction there, that is what it is.
r.
Yeah that's the issue, when I remove the cover and turn on the pump there is no suction or outward blowing pressure. Once the cover is removed it's just a threaded hole and I'm not sure where the plumbing goes. Here is what the cover looks like:

When you turn the pump on, then move the valve to one side and see what happens, then move it to the other side and see what happens.

When you turn the pump on, then move the valve to one side and see what happens, then move it to the other side and see what happens.

So I finally had some time to test this. I took the cover off and went over to the pool pump and turned the value to pull completely from the skimmer. It had no impact on this "jet" port. I turned the value to pull completely from the drain in the deep end. This had no impact on this "jet" port either. It seems the pool pump has no impact on this port. As of now this port neither sucks nor blows, regardless of the pump setting.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you tried going from the other end? Take the cap off and put a shop vac on it and see if it your can blow or suck from it. Tap on the opening with the palm of your had to create a pressure wave in it and have someone else listen around the pool equipment or other places in the yard to see if it can be heard.. Stick a snake in it and see how far it goes. Ya never know you might discover its the air vent to the next Indiana Jones movie or something.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.