Need help Understanding my Pool Plumbing ....

Yes the overflow does go from spa to pool but i shut off the spa return .... to isolate the spa .... I am trying to empty spa and letting the pool circulate ....like i said if turn off
the pump the spa still continues to fill .... im trying to repair some plaster damage..

Unless you happen to have a valve down in the ground somewhere for the single spa jet that you can shut off, I am not sure how you are going to be able to get the spa empty.

Best solution may be to put the valves on spa mode (both suction and return) and then leave the pump off and put a plug in the single jet (since the pool will still try to equalize through it) and then use a submersible pump to drain the spa.

I would still like to see the result of turning the return valve to full spa mode.

Well, you will never be able to use the spa if you can not put the return to 100% spa. I have not even started considering the suction side yet.

I think it may be a good idea to open up the return valve and make sure the handle is aligned with the diverter.

denalixxx said:
Yes the overflow does go from spa to pool but i shut off the spa return .... to isolate the spa .... I am trying to empty spa and letting the pool circulate ....like i said if turn off
the pump the spa still continues to fill .... im trying to repair some plaster damage..
This confuses me a little and if you can, please clarify.
1) Are you saying that if you do not run the pump at all (actually shut-off, no power), the spa is still filling?
2) If the spa is indeed filling when the pump is not run, is the water filling from both the return and the spillover?

I have a friend with a pool and an attached spa that looks like this, where the water level of the attached spa is the same as the pool. It was built with a 3/4" pipe that connects between the spa and the pool below the water line - with no shut off. (His is not disguised as a jet, it is just a pipe). The pool and the spa are always at the same level, even if below the the "spillover". He plugs the pipe with a rag when he wants to empty the spa.
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.