Need help calculating the IA.

roxygrlj

Oct 12, 2023
Gilbert AZ
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Can anyone help me calculate the actual IA of my pool. It’s not on the plans and the contractor I selected just upped their price for an interior surface because they calculated the IA by using the long width at the point of the Baja and it doesn’t seem to factor in the Baja is a kick out. I am trying to figure out the true IA.

Attachments

• IMG_8080.jpeg
    IMG_8080.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 19
There is insufficent information to do a true calculation. Plus the figure is small and when enlarging it the numbers become blurry but here is my estimate and assumptions.

Area of Baja deck - It shows 10 x 7 but also need to factor in the width of steps. This is estimated to be 3ft so the area is 13ft x 7 ft which is 91 sq ft.
The pool has the spa inset so the assumption is that the spa inset is 6ft in each direction.
The main part of pool is 37.5 ft x 16 ft. So remove the 6 ft from the length to look at the body without spa so that is 31.5 (37.5-6) x 16 which is 504 sq ft.
The small rectangle between the spa and the baja shelf is as follows 10ft (16 - 6) x 6 ft (37.5-31.5) = 60 sq ft

Adding 91 + 504 + 60 = 655 sq ft which is the area of pool and the baja shelf with steps.

The spa area is internally - 6 x 6 - 36 sq ft (difficult to read the numbers)

If you can provide better numbers of what is written on the layout that would be helpful as it is just too blurry when trying to enlarge it.

There is insufficent information to do a true calculation. Plus the figure is small and when enlarging it the numbers become blurry but here is my estimate and assumptions.

Area of Baja deck - It shows 10 x 7 but also need to factor in the width of steps. This is estimated to be 3ft so the area is 13ft x 7 ft which is 91 sq ft.
The pool has the spa inset so the assumption is that the spa inset is 6ft in each direction.
The main part of pool is 37.5 ft x 16 ft. So remove the 6 ft from the length to look at the body without spa so that is 31.5 (37.5-6) x 16 which is 504 sq ft.
The small rectangle between the spa and the baja shelf is as follows 10ft (16 - 6) x 6 ft (37.5-31.5) = 60 sq ft

Adding 91 + 504 + 60 = 655 sq ft which is the area of pool and the baja shelf with steps.

The spa area is internally - 6 x 6 - 36 sq ft (difficult to read the numbers)

If you can provide better numbers of what is written on the layout that would be helpful as it is just too blurry when trying to enlarge it.
IMG_8083.jpeg
Thank you for your help. I just went and measured the whole thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.