Surprise, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am trying to decide on a pool builder and only 2 of 4 pool builders I have contacted will do a salt water pool. I have heard from this forum of Pentair products which people seem to like, but one of the pool builders doesn’t seem to have Pentair products. Here is the pump, cleaner, filter, and SWG that they have put in my quote. Anyone here have or know about these brands/ models?

Pool is a 75’ permitter pool, maybe 7000 gallons

Hayward Tristar 900 1.85 VSP

Goldline "Aquarite" T925 Chlorine Gen. (Salt Water System) Stand Alone Time Clock for (Salt System) if Variable Speed Pump

Automatic Water Leveler w/ 40' of 3/4"PVC "AquaNaut" Pool Cleaner with 25' of 1 1/2" Suction

Hayward 330 cartridge filter

I am going to ask them about Pentair products but if the above products are okay, maybe I am fine with what is in the quote. Any feedback appreciated.

The aquanaut is not a robot, but instead a suction cleaner. I would ditch that and get a true robot for the pool. You can get that elsewhere on your own (we'll help you) but you just need to have an outlet near enough to the pool to plug it in to.

If budget allows I would get a larger filter... the bigger it is the less often it requires cleaning.

Others will chime in with better advice on equipment.... @Bama Rambler @Jimrahbe @Texas Splash

Red,

Not sure I can help at all, as I am a highly biased Pentair kind of guy. If I were in your shoes I would be looking for a builder that installed Pentair products.

If I were to rank pool equipment it would be like this..

1. Pentair
2. Jandy
3. Hayward (Other than their T15 salt cells, which are #1 sold.)

I said I was biased... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have the aquanaut 200 and it runs great as long as you have enough flow going to it. I also have the Tristar VS 1.85 pump and love it, saved me a ton of money and its quiet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.