Need confirmation on my wiring for IC40

Hog1991

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 24, 2012
Hello,
I have had the same setup for 15+ years. Pentair everything, including VS pump, IC40, and Easytouch automation.

Long story but shut down the IC40 five or so years ago and went straight liquid chlorine. Now reversing that and have a replacement IC40 and about to hook it up.

In my current configuration my IC40 still has power regardless of if my pump is running.

Years ago I was unfortunately subject to the "exploding pipes" and the person that came to replace some of the plumbing said they didn't know what caused it. After searching on this board I have seen that its probably where the IC40 still had power without the pump running. I have looked at the way this system is wired and it appears that indeed mine is incorrect.

Hoping someone can confirm that based on what you see in the attached image, the current setup is wired to an AUX relay, and needs to be moved to the Pump Relay. I have read many different posts on here and I *believe* I need to move the white and yellow wire from the LINE SIDE of Aux7 (pictured in Red Box) to the LOAD side of Pump Relay (Green Box). The violet and black wire out of transformer are pigtailed and should be good.

I have not altered any other wiring since the pool was installed 15 years ago.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Dan B.

Attachments

• annotely_image.jpeg
    annotely_image.jpeg
    636.3 KB · Views: 8
Dan,

Just so you know... The pump/filter relay will not close unless the system is in AUTO and either the pool mode or the spa mode.

Depending on how your system is programmed, this could be an issue.. As an example...

Let's say you have two Circuits.. Pool and Pool High.. The Pool Circuit will close the Pump/Filter relay when on. But the Pool High will not.

Show me a list of your pump speeds, like in this screenshot..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim for your quick response . . . Really do appreciate it and TFP!

I do not have any settings or apps that look like that. When I first installed the pool all we had was the IC4 remote (can't really remember what it was called, the "handheld" big remote).

This thing runs in "Auto" mode and "Pool" mode unless I manually turn on the spa mode. I don't really have any other circuits like you are showing.

I did replace that remote with Screenlogic Connect so I could control with my phone but I don't remember seeing anything similar.

My Pool/Spa mode setting (if you will) is just on or off, and then you can set the pump speed via the remote. I do not have multiple "pool" circuits with different speeds.

Attached is what I see on my "app". I do know that the app does not control every menu on the easytouch.

Based on what you are saying I think I should be ok. I will get it wired up and the test it out and confirm IC40 power is behaving as it should.

Thanks again,
Dan B.

Attachments

• IMG_3552.PNG
    IMG_3552.PNG
    27.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3550.PNG
    IMG_3550.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3551.PNG
    IMG_3551.PNG
    52.9 KB · Views: 3
Aaaaah, right. Forgot there was a PC version. Just loaded it up and it still doesn't quite look the same . . . don't see anything with those settings.

I will investigate further . . . Thanks!

Dan,

If you are happy with what you have, you will not have any issues..

That said, why are your running your pump so fast?

I run 24/7 at 1200 RPM, most of the time, This is plenty fast enough to turn on my salt cell and skim well.. Cost me less than $20 bucks a month.

I like to make a little chlorine all the time, and skim all the time. I also like the look of my pool when there is a little motion to the water..

I have no heater, if I did, I'd have to run at 1500 or so, but still way less than 2700 RPM.

What VS pump do you have???

I use the PC version of ScreenLogic as it is 10 x better that the phone version for programming and my work here at TFP.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks to you both. I was able to find that configuration screen and attached.

@Jim I am not sure why I run the pump at the speed I do!! It is an IntelliFlo vs+svrs.
Never gave it lots of thought before, other than when we initially set everything up one of the things I heard was "run it an hour for every 10 degrees of heat" or something like that. So I usually add a few hours in the summer (saw you are in Bedford, I am in Allen, TX).

The pool is about 35K gal, and does have spa/heater. Lots of times I have thought "why do I even have a VS pump when I always just run it at the same rate".

That certainly makes a lot of sense to keep it running longer at slower speeds as especially in the Spring we get lots of "stuff" that would probably benefit from more time skimming.

Will take a look at that as well . . . .

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-05 11.08.20.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-05 11.08.20.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 5