Need advice on correcting leveling issue

matt mclain

Apr 9, 2024
Texas
I have a 15’ round above ground Intex style pool that I want to put up. The ground has an approximate 6.5 inch slope. I am going to put pavers under the legs but is my thinking correct on this- for the 3-4 poles that are causing the unevenness issue would I need to dig 6.5 inches in the ground for those 3-4 pavers? And then keep the rest of the pavers at regular ground level? Because just using pavers all around at the same level will just continue the unevenness problem, right?

Pavers at ground level on the low side will decrease the amount of excavation you would need to do on the high side to maintain relative level between the two because it’s would raise the height on the low side. Pavers won’t level the floor with a 6.5 in incline.

If you want to ensure all pavers are level, stake a center post and pull a level line from the same starting height at that post outward to another stake over each paver location. Measure down from that level line to figure out how much you need to excavate to get the same measurement at each location. Drop in your pavers and they’ll all be level. Pavers will be level but unless you excavate for the floor it won’t be.

Reactions: Mdragger88
The entire surface under the pool must be level. Not just the legs.
All pavers tops should also be flush with the ground the pool will sit on.
Once filled with water the pool will weigh approximately 37,000 lbs- this weight must be evenly distributed or a collapsed can occur.
Read👇👇

Pavers at ground level on the low side will decrease the amount of excavation you would need to do on the high side to maintain relative level between the two because it’s would raise the height on the low side. Pavers won’t level the floor with a 6.5 in incline.

If you want to ensure all pavers are level, stake a center post and pull a level line from the same starting height at that post outward to another stake over each paver location. Measure down from that level line to figure out how much you need to excavate to get the same measurement at each location. Drop in your pavers and they’ll all be level. Pavers will be level but unless you excavate for the floor it won’t be.
Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate the response.