Need a replacement battery for your Poolblaster/buster?

My son has a smart-charger for his airsoft guns. It charges a range of up to (I think) 8.4 or 8.7v. So could I use his charger on my PBM safely and would it stop at full charge on my PBM like it does on his guns?

frescapop said:
I actually have the Max...I should have said that in my post. The battery puts out a steady 9.0 VDC. I would love to see if this motor would work in the unit. My only concern would be removing the impeller from the motor shaft. I wish I had an old motor/battery unit to experiment on but, as I said, I discarded my old Max. I receive a new one, via Amazon.com, today. Good luck!

They sell cheap pinion removal tools on ebay. Only way you can get that gear off without damaging it. I think I picked up a universal one for around $5.00.

I switched out the rusted out motor on mine as well.

Hi cruzmisl:

Great fix. Always nice to wind up better than the original. I have the same problem as you had and would like to duplicate your fix. Would you tell me where you got the battery pack? Also, I notice that you used eight cells in stead of the orinal 7. Seven cells will give you 8.4v whereas eight cells will give you 9.6v if all are wired in series. Was this done for a specific reason? Perhaps to drive the motor faster? I would certainly appeciate your help. Thanks.

Regards,
VicJ

Hello everyone

I am from Cyprus (Europe) and I got a Pool Blaster Max 4 years ago. I'm very pleased with it so far. Now I need a new battery - it suddenly stopped working and my husband checked it and found out that the battery is dead (it's the yellow one on the top of the topic) and I'm interested in buying a new one online - it would cost me less than buy it from here!!
Please help me!

Thank you

dolemite77 said:
I'm in need of a new charger (lost mine) and possibly new battery pack too. Any suggestions?

I had a new battery pack made for mine, it is not difficult to do really. But Interstate Batteries made a new one for me and then charged it for me. It worked fine until the juice ran out - my charger was apparently the problem. I still haven't found a charger that will charge it properly. The charger I have is a new one, but Interstate checked it and said it's not charging properly. I think you could probably contact the company directly for a new battery and charger, though they wouldn't be cheap. I wish Interstate was able to make a custom charger for it as well. Best of luck to you. I've gone back to my old heavy, but most reliable Aquabot Turbo for the time being.

evita1212 said:
Hello everyone

I am from Cyprus (Europe) and I got a Pool Blaster Max 4 years ago. I'm very pleased with it so far. Now I need a new battery - it suddenly stopped working and my husband checked it and found out that the battery is dead (it's the yellow one on the top of the topic) and I'm interested in buying a new one online - it would cost me less than buy it from here!!
Please help me!

Thank you
Please see my post above as well. I would think you could contact the company directly for a new battery OR if you have a place like Interstate Batteries, they can easily make you a new one. I think any of the inline battery stores can do that for you. Best of luck.

We have a small in ground jacuzzi (approx 5000gal) at our hotel in Costa Rica and am considering a pool blaster max for minor sand pickup. I only get back to states once a year so would like to have a spare motor and batt pack. I noticed Cruzmisil did some research. I would appreciate any help
Tagg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just wanted to post this in case anyone did a search on the pool blaster family of vacuum cleaners. Water Tech has released a new series of Pool vacuums (eg: pool blaster iVac M3) which now features a Smart Charger which hopefully won't overcharge the battery into oblivion like the old one. I may just get one myself.

Is there a simple guide for someone to replace the battery and the motor? Also, where could one order both? I am on my third Pool Blaster Max ( really like them and Water Tech has been very supportive but I don't have a lot of confidence that it will last. Too bad as it does a great job for us.).

- battery
- charger
- motor
- some way to stop water from getting in

I have a new Pool Blaster Max in the box and we just closed the pool until next May. Is it safe to leave it in the box over the winter and charge it before using it next spring or should I take it out of the box and charge it periodically over the winter?

How can you check whether a problem is with the battery or the motor? Our previous two Pool Blaster Max appeared to charge in that the green light would come on after about 5 or 6 hours but the Blaster still wouldn't run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.