Need a new Pump. Recommendations?

modog

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 4, 2009
Have a 30k pool and my single speed Jandy pump finally gave in. New capacitor didn't help. My pool guy is recommending the AquaStar Pipeline Variable Speed Pump 3HP. Anyone heard or have any experience with this brand? I would also welcome any recommendations. Any insight is much appreciated. Thank you!

I wouldn't replace my flagship pump anywhere near the current pricing. Once I was gambling on a generic, This one only has to last 1/3 as long and it will likely last just as long, statistically speaking. Even if it failed in 3 years, it broke even and I'd likey have another go if pricing hadn't dropped on the others.

I don't really have a choice. I am down and it is 100 degrees out here in Texas. Need a new pump. Just not sure if that Aquastar is any good. Or just go with Jandy/Pentair.

You can circulate indefinitely by tossing a submersible pump in the deep end and the hose in the shallow end. You'll get dirty eventually with no filter, but you'll be sterile at least with the chlorine mixing. Put the pump in a 5 gallon bucket to protect your finish.

I bought a 1.6 hp monster from Amazon for less than $100.
Just not sure if that Aquastar is any good. Or just go with Jandy/Pentair.
Hang tight and maybe somebody is familiar with it. Not being so, it seems pricey for not being a 'big 3'.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
Have a 30k pool and my single speed Jandy pump finally gave in. New capacitor didn't help. My pool guy is recommending the AquaStar Pipeline Variable Speed Pump 3HP. Anyone heard or have any experience with this brand? I would also welcome any recommendations. Any insight is much appreciated. Thank you!
Aquastar, as a brand, has been around for quite a while. Their VSP is relatively new to the market, but at least one major national wholesaler is carrying them.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.