Nature 2 Fusion Soft salt cell failing after 1 year

My pool was completed in August of 2018. Since completion I have had to change the cell on the Nature 2 Fusion Soft 3 times. The most recent replacement was in March of 2021. I was checking the system this morning and I see that I am getting the 194 and 125 code again indicating that the cell is bad. I took the cell out to examine it and there was very little buildup present. I cleaned the cell (5:1 MA) and reinstalled only to get the same error codes. I was under the impression that I would get at least a couple of years out of these cells but they seem to be averaging right about a year. Any idea why this might be happening?

Do you have any of the old cells still? I'd love to see one. Do you know the nature of the failures? Is it the center electrode? Have they been replaced under warranty? Are you replacing the cable with the cell each time?

Do you have the 700 or 1400 size cell?

What % do you run the cell at?

Do you have any of the old cells still? I'd love to see one. Do you know the nature of the failures? Is it the center electrode? Have they been replaced under warranty? Are you replacing the cable with the cell each time?
I do not have any of the non working cells other than the one that is currently installed. The others have been replaced under warranty but the warranty expired last month. I replaced the cable one time within the time frame. I was never told what part of the cell failed so I am not aware of what the issue was/is.

Do you have the 700 or 1400 size cell?
That is almost 5,000 hours of generation time in a year and May be about the life of the cell.

How many times did you acid wash the cell?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I run the cell at 80% from April through September and 30% from October through March. It is the 1400.
That is almost 5,000 hours of generation time in a year and may be about the life of the cell.

How many times did you acid wash the cell?

Last edited:
What CYA level do you maintain? You should be able to run the SWCG at half that setting.

In your climate that is pretty low. A 70-80 ppm CYA would dramatically reduce your FC needs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.