Narrowing down the builder

pevitt

Aug 27, 2015
Frisco TX
We are in Frisco, TX and have narrowed our choice down to Hauk and Robertson Pools, both good builders, both pleasant experiences. Our pool will be 120'perimeter with 681 sq ft surface area for pool and spa, 22,300 gallons. It's a pretty big pool, so we want to make sure the structure is sound. Robertson includes a Super Steel structure with 5/8' steel in Beam and 1/2' steel in body curtain, whereas Hauk includes 3/8' and 1/2. They also include chemical soil injection to help stabilize the soil, which is pretty standard in our area with our expansive clay soils. One says they inject at 6 ft deep, another says 10ft deep is best.

Questions:
1. Does the larger steel construction really make any difference?
2. Is chemical soil injection at 10 ft vs 6 ft worth the additional cost?

Thanks for your feedback!

I'm no engineer, but since I also live in our black "gumbo" TX clay, if I had a choice and could afford it, I would upgrade the steel. This summer was yet another demonstration of soil separation, crumbling, and gaps that amaze me. And I think we had a relatively short summer compared to others. Once we start to receive any normal amount of rain, I'll be outside repairing all my fence-lines, re-leveling structures, etc. A royal pain. That's why we went with fiberglass just to try and take the soil shifting issue out of the equation on the pool. I've never heard of the soil injections, so I really can't comment on that one. Seems like a stretch for something like that to have any substantial benefits, but maybe someone else will know.

Best of luck on your new pool! Oh .... and welcome to TFP! :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.