Naive - Critique my sunshelf /spa / pool design- how can I make a better use for the space?

If i understand - with the sun shelf you will have ~ 20’ of pool to go from 3.5’ to 6’ water depth? That will be a moderately sloped bottom that you will likely feel as you walk. Our pool goes from 3.5’ to 5.5’ in about 14 feet (and back again in a V shaped bottom) and I wish we had a do over on the bottom design as it feels like we walk down a hill.

Just a thought as it may stay same or you may help you rethink that sunshelf or the starting and ending depths. It’s your pool but it has to feel good walking and swimming both

Reactions: Etituesday
You don't mention if you have kids? Ages?
Kids like to swim, compete, race... there isn't a lot of room in your pool for that currently. I'd try to minimize the inclusions into the pool if possible to allow for the most swimming distance.

I've been in a gunite spa, and own a stand alone hot tub. Ain't no way I'd do a built in spa after feeling the difference. Not to mention hot tubs are half the price of a $20k pool build spa.
Maddie :flower:

You don't mention if you have kids? Ages?
Kids like to swim, compete, race... there isn't a lot of room in your pool for that currently. I'd try to minimize the inclusions into the pool if possible to allow for the most swimming distance.

I've been in a gunite spa, and own a stand alone hot tub. Ain't no way I'd do a built in spa after feeling the difference. Not to mention hot tubs are half the price of a $20k pool build spa.
Maddie :flower:

Yes, I have a baby and a 13 year old. I haven’t been on gunite spa yet so I’m taking in all the advice.

Initially, I wanted to do water feature to listen to the water sounds and the pool sales person advised me against it and suggested a spa with a spillover instead.

I know sunshelfs are "a thing", and everyone focuses on them during build, but in the end, they ain't "all that". We did the whole thing - chairs here, bubblers there!!! But, given it only gets used as a big step to the pool, at least mine and everyone else's I've ever seen as used, I'd never do another. It's a pool for swimming, there's decking for sitting. I'd love to have that swimming space back! Spa's are good for cold weather when you want to get wet and get in some water. Just enough to sit in is more than enough. It won't get used much else-wise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.