columbia station / OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Ok, here's the situation. My pool is losing water. It possibly started last summer late. A mid winter snow storm destroyed my mesh cover which is how I noticed the pool was danger low. I added some water and marked the level a few weeks ago. Seemed to be alright so I put a lot more water in; and marked it. In the last week I'm down about a foot and a half, but not all the way down to the original mark.

Facts: all the plumbing but the main drain is high and dry, so that's not the problem. I suspect a main drain problem could have drained me all the way over the winter, but it didn't so I'm sidelining that. There is no noticeable liner problems and I just brushed it so I can say it doesn't feel like water is behind the liner.

I suspect light fixtures which only have water about 2 inches up at the moment or the pool stairs where the connect to the pool could be the problem. Who has advice for what to look for to determine the problem?

20x40 inground vinyl. Pump station and chemistry off the table for the time being.

Hello!
My first inclination is to tell you to halt refilling it for now. Watch and see if it stops at a certain level, then go inspect the liner at that level. Small tiny cuts can add up to a lot of water loss over time.

I'm assuming that it won't go all the way down, we hope?! But letting it go a bit may yield results to the mystery.

Maddie 🐞

Hello!
My first inclination is to tell you to halt refilling it for now. Watch and see if it stops at a certain level, then go inspect the liner at that level. Small tiny cuts can add up to a lot of water loss over time.

I'm assuming that it won't go all the way down, we hope?! But letting it go a bit may yield results to the mystery.

Maddie 🐞
I've been watching the level for 2 months. I believe it is back down as low as it will go. 1/2 above the mark I made last month. A lot below the one I made last week. I haven't found a liner problem which I why I'm thinking lights or stairs. I'm just not sure what I'm looking for if it's not obvious

Take some food coloring and run a very thin stream along the edges of the lights and stairs. You'll be able to tell if some is "sucked in" at a leak area. Worth a shot, eh?

You've checked the lawn for any unexpected wet spots, right?

Maddie :flower:

Just to wrap this thread up, I took a swim and did not find any holes. The water is too far below the light plumbing for that. This brings the main drain back into question, but I got 🧠 freeze before I could unscrew the covers so I'm going to fill it heat it, then dive in to plug them. If the water stays we have an answer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.