my water is blue and almost completely clear but algae is stuck to sides

So in good faith, We may not be able to make a recommendation, At least, I’m not comfortable making that call on your behalf.

If you have them add according to your loss now, and make some real progress while away, you FC will end up at dangerous levels for your vinyl and equipment.

If you have them add your regular season daily FC loss, You may lose some ground in the battle.

Option 2 is the safe bet, but not without concessions.

Kim, he's still slamming. Too soon to raise CYA. How often are you adding chlorine during your slam? The logs look like its about once a day.
If you don't have someone who can test and dose for you can they add a jug of chlorine daily? That will keep you from loosing ground until you get back.

So I would put 6ppm of LC pre measured in some water bottles and tell them to dump it in every day. That way it is easy for them. Measure you total daily loss and put that in the pre measured bottles.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So how would I calculate what is needed for my pool and a 10ppm loss
This is where it gets reaaaaaaaaaally dicey. For the last few days you needed 10ppm. But as you clear the organics, that # lowers going forward. Lowers to what ?……. Is anyone’s guess. If you end up over treating you could be 20 ppm above SLAM when you return, to a bleached liner.

Normally if people have to pause/ delay a SLAM we recommend 5ppm daily to not lose much ground in the meantime. Yours is currently consuming double that so maybe add 6 ppm a day and if the extra 1 PPM compounds and isn’t needed you will only be at SLAM after 7 days with a 12 PPM.

*please anyone jump in here if my thoughts are too aggressive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.