My SLAM Journey

Okay, here is a summary of what has happened the last 24 hours if anyone has any insight. Leebo has been helping me through this but she is out of town, so Karmabiker has been trying to help in her absense:

6/25 @ 6:30 am
FC: 19
CC: 2
TC: 21
Added 1 gal 8.25

6/25 @ 6:00 pm
FC: 8.5 - Down 13.5 ppm
CC:1 - down 1
TC: 9.5
PH: 8.2+

Added water due to evaporation
Added 2 gal 8.25 & 3 gal 10 (factored in more due to increased water level)
At this time noticed that my pressure gauge is reading high. Normal 10-15 range, reading at this time 20-25. Brushed & Backwashed, pressure gauge did not go down. Turned handle 360 again with pump off, gauge dropped to 0. Turned back on and back to normal range.

6/25 @ 9:00 pm
FC: 27
PH: 8.2+
Added 4 cups MA to bring ph down

6/25 @ 10:00 pm
FC: 25.5

6/26 @ 5:40 am
FC: 28 - up 1.5 from last night - ???

6/26 @ 6:50 am
Brushed & vacuumed
Cloudy and back to blue/light teal - Couldn't really tell as it was cloudy and foggy this morning
FC: 26.5
CC: 1.5 - Down from last night
TC: 28

No chemical added

Quickly looking, everything's going as it should. Your FC is being consumed by the algae thus creating CC's. The fact that you are seeing green/cloudy blue water plus the high CC levels show that you still have algae in your water needing to be killed off. High levels of chlorine as you are doing will kill this off in time. SLAM processes can take time, as we're reversing month's of neglect to your pool.

Can you please post another photo/test results and we'll give you more info on how to proceed. Again, everything seems to be in correct order at this point and nothing is really jumping out to me. Hang in there!

I didn't take a pic of the pool this morning due to all the cleaning I did before work (yes I got up early for this LOL). Will retest after work and post photos. Will be neededing to backwash this even again as well. In regards to the filter channeling, I wont be able to check that out until this weekend, unfortunately.

Is this brown sediment I'm seeing possible dead algae?

It could be........it could be dust...........it could be pollen.........could be several things. It's hard to really tell. Vacuum it out the best you can none-the-less. :D

6/26 @ 6:00 pm
FC: 10
Cc: 1

Added 2.5 gal 10%

6/26 @ 7:20 pm

FC: 23
Cc: 1

No chemical added

I'm running out of r-0871!!! :-(
rahazyqe.jpg
u8ajuta9.jpg
va8uvytu.jpg
suqu5y9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Order more reagent! Running out of this will set you back in your SLAM!

I'm seeing a HUGE improvement in your water color. Keep it up. The brown stuff on the bottom does look like dead algae, and the clearing of the water shows an improvement in clarity.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keep SLAM'ing, brushing and sweeping the pool. It's looking good.

If your fc is at or below slam level it's technically safe to go in. If you can't see the bottom it's not safe because if someone were stuck underwater you wouldn't be able to see them. A lot of people get in to brush etc while slamming. Personally I don't think it would be too much of an issue.

That's my personal opinion (except the fc being safe at or below slam is fact not opinion) so take it for what it's worth!

So I think my water may have a LOT of rust/metals in it ... Is there anything i can add during the slam to counteract that? It may be my imagination but I swear I SEE the rust coming out of the hose ... Although I don't see this throughout the water in the rest of the house ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.