My Results-What next

Ok another question.

I am checking some of my levels this morning and after adding the hardness up and CYA granules yestreday, my pool has 0 FC in it. The CC is 0 as well, so as of now my pool has no chlorine in it. How is this possible? Do I need to bring up the FC to around 3-4? I tested for FC twice and got 0. I tested for pH and I get 7.5. The test sample was a light pink. I did go swimming yesterday so not sure if that had something to do with it. Water temp was around 78 yesterday

Thanks.

Chorine needs to be added every day. Chlorine is constantly be used up by sunlight and any time it finds organics in the water that need to be broken down. If you didn't add chlorine yesterday, then that is your problem. You need to add chlorine very day.

Assuming you added chlorine yesterday, you might be on the verge of getting algae.

JasonLion said:
Chorine needs to be added every day. Chlorine is constantly be used up by sunlight and any time it finds organics in the water that need to be broken down. If you didn't add chlorine yesterday, then that is your problem. You need to add chlorine very day.

Assuming you added chlorine yesterday, you might be on the verge of getting algae.

No did not add any chlorine yesterday. Will make sure I start doing that every day with the rising water temps. I am guessing that the rising air temp and water emp have something to do with that? I guess the best time to add chlorine is at night?

JasonLion said:

This is the hardest thing to get used to with this system. For 7 years I've just set the chlorinator and didn't worry about it but once a week....

But, now that I understand what to do....the 5 minutes I spend testing and adding are so worth it, cuz I don't have that little voice in me going "is it ok?" anymore... I just test, add, and pop a top on a coors...it's wonderful.

I just test, add, and pop a top on a coors...it's wonderful.
Poolgirl,
I have followed your posts and watched how quickly you have picked up the ideas taught here. You will soon be so familiar with your pool, you will know what it needs with less testing than now....It'll get even easier and quicker.

However, don't skip the "pop-a-top" step, that's a nice rhythm you've got going! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

duraleigh said:
I just test, add, and pop a top on a coors...it's wonderful.
Poolgirl,
I have followed your posts and watched how quickly you have picked up the ideas taught here. You will soon be so familiar with your pool, you will know what it needs with less testing than now....It'll get even easier and quicker.

However, don't skip the "pop-a-top" step, that's a nice rhythm you've got going! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It is funny, but I enjoy doing the testing now that I have my magnetic stirrer. That thing is awesome.

So I assume I can turn off the pump now on my regular schedule. I added the CYA granules on Saturday. I left it running all day the rest of the day Satruday, Sunday, and then will run all day today. Is it safe to go ahead and turn it off and resume normal schedule?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
mynewpool said:
So I assume I can turn off the pump now on my regular schedule. I added the CYA granules on Saturday. I left it running all day the rest of the day Satruday, Sunday, and then will run all day today. Is it safe to go ahead and turn it off and resume normal schedule?
Yep :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.