My pump has died. Can anyone tell me which to buy?

joecoyle

Bronze Supporter
Hi

My pump has died. It had a good life - 12 years old.

It's no longer manufactured, but I don't know of an equivalent...

Here are the numbers from the top cover...

IMG_0647.jpg

Can anyone tell me what they mean? What do I need to know to buy a replacement? I'm guessing X horsepower and Y kW...

Thanks
Joe

Hi

My pump has died. It had a good life - 12 years old.

It's no longer manufactured, but I don't know of an equivalent...

Here are the numbers from the top cover...

View attachment 81291

Can anyone tell me what they mean? What do I need to know to buy a replacement? I'm guessing X horsepower and Y kW...

Thanks
Joe

I have seen that people like the variable speed pumps, since it saves energy. I have a 40,000 gallon pool and we have a 1.5 HP Hayward. I am sure one of the experts will chime in soon!

Probably not a lot of suggestions as we are not real familiar with what is available in the UK.

If you want the same type, then an electric motor shop may have a replacement or even rebuild that one.

What access to pool supply stores or online retailers do you have?

Pool stores are non existent. We don’t have the weather for pool stores.

Ill happily buy online. There are loads of retailers for pool stuff.

I guess i just need to understand the maths and relationship between pool volume / pump flow rate / kw power / horsepower etc :) for example why are there two KW ratings on my pump :/ and therefore do I buy a 0.3 or 0.428 kw and there doesn’t seem to be a HP rating on it.

Thanks
Joe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.