My pool is hotter than the air temp

SlipperyPete

Sep 19, 2020
Baton Rouge, LA
My pump runs 23 hours per day. Last night I had my deck jets going all night hoping the aeration would cool the pool. My pool was at 93 degrees at sunset and only dropped to 91 by sunrise. The low air temp was 80 last night / this AM.

I’ve been having the deck jets still going all day and the pool is now at 94 degrees and the outside temp ranges from 90-94 depending on the weather app I’m looking at. My pool isn’t deep with minimal shade but it is white. Any ideas short of putting in a chiller? I’m about to start some yard work and there isn’t anything refreshing about jumping in a 94 degree pool afterwards. This is my third summer with the pool and we have never had this issue. Granted the weather lately has been hotter than usual here, but I don’t recall my pool ever getting over 90 degrees. 2 days ago, it hit 96 degrees in the afternoon.

Other than installing a heat pump with cooling or a chiller, there is not much you can do.

Maybe dump in a few thousand pounds of ice.

On a different topic, why are you so slippery?

Have you measured your coefficient of friction?

Is being slippery intentional or unintentional?

Reactions: SlipperyPete

Reactions: JamesW
That sure is a nifty pool cooler.

Thanks. The pic of the aerator isn’t loading for me. Maybe I can find a similar one to copy

Other than installing a heat pump with cooling or a chiller, there is not much you can do.

Maybe dump in a few thousand pounds of ice.

On a different topic, why are you so slippery?

Have you measured your coefficient of friction?

Is being slippery intentional or unintentional?

Slippery refers less to my lack of friction and more to a Seinfeld character. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude and JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.