My Pool - Houston TX

^^^ Sure!
Looks like the did a weak acid wash, followed by pressure wash, with the following base coat and sealer.

I have a 2yr warranty from my PB on flakes, bubbles, peeling, fading. So it should be good for a while. After it cures 14 days, they said I can pressure wash it with no issues.

The base color is tan and there are light and dark specs as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Love the pool! We are talking with a PB right now and I'm grabbing ideas such as the pool decking. So your concrete is acid etched and tinted? Do you know how many sq ft you have of decking other than the portion covered by the house? It looks great! We are looking at a 18x25x41 steel wall pool. Love the beach entry, I wish they could do it with steel walls!?

Please don't get mad I said this -- pool looks great but your fence is pretty bad. if you said somewhere here you were going to stain it and i missed it, I apologize. As soon as this gross, disgusting, rainy <my original word that starts with C and ends with P got the astericks> Houston weather goes away, I will take a picture of our pool. We aren't finished with the landscaping and need to figure out what to do about a cover for our patio but you can get the idea....

Last edited:
Love the pool! We are talking with a PB right now and I'm grabbing ideas such as the pool decking. So your concrete is acid etched and tinted? Do you know how many sq ft you have of decking other than the portion covered by the house? It looks great! We are looking at a 18x25x41 steel wall pool. Love the beach entry, I wish they could do it with steel walls!?

Lemme give you a word of warning about staining concrete. do NOT under any circumstances try to save money by putting an overlay over any existing concrete and then adding new concrete around it. Doesn't work well. Trust me

Lemme give you a word of warning about staining concrete. do NOT under any circumstances try to save money by putting an overlay over any existing concrete and then adding new concrete around it. Doesn't work well. Trust me
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind down the road! This will be a new pool build starting in April. Thought about tinting the first 3 feet (bullnose) and continuing the concrete out or using pavers after the first three feet? Does tinted concrete fade?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.