My pH still rises really quickly and it concerns me

I started drawing lines on the bottle. I can see them very clearly when I peek through the hole at the top. So this might work. I'm sure my fourths are not accurate due to the curvature of the bottle at the top, but probably good enough. I appreciate all the advice.

I started drawing lines on the bottle. I can see them very clearly when I peek through the hole at the top. So this might work. I'm sure my fourths are not accurate due to the curvature of the bottle at the top, but probably good enough. I appreciate all the advice.
Can you see the lines and liquid level when looking thru the outside of the bottle from the side?
That would be a lot safer than looking thru a quarter to half dollar sized hole in the top of the bottle.
You don't want to take a chance of getting acid in your eyes.

Take an empty clean rinsed bottle and add a measured quart of water, mark the size at the liquid level.
Add another quart of water. Rinse repeat.
Use this bottle as your guide to mark your bottles of acid.

Can you see the lines and liquid level when looking thru the outside of the bottle from the side?
That would be a lot safer than looking thru a quarter to half dollar sized hole in the top of the bottle.
You don't want to take a chance of getting acid in your eyes.

Take an empty clean rinsed bottle and add a measured quart of water, mark the size at the liquid level.
Add another quart of water. Rinse repeat.
Use this bottle as your guide to mark your bottles of acid.
I cannot see the liquid level from outside of the jug.

To be clear, I'm not putting my eye really close. I'm keeping it maybe 2 ft away (arm length or so). It's not much difference than the distance the bottle is at from my eyes when I'm pouring from it.

I appreciate the concern though. I'd much prefer to the see the liquid level from outside the bottle.

Reactions: Newdude