My outdoor entertainment area. Warning: Pic heavy

CombatYoga said:
I bought and mounted a 46" LCD TV outside over the outdoor fireplace. It is protected by a roof, but humidity/wind, etc. are all a concern.

A friend turned me onto a program at Best Buy under their Geek Squad program. It is a 4 year warranty that covers everything. I don't usually buy
extended warranties, but this particular warranty covers a bad pixel, water damage - anything. I explicitly asked the sales person about this, even
telling him that I was hanging this TV outdoors, even though it is not designed for outdoor usage. He said yes - everything and anything is covered.

I'd certainly welcome the scrutiny of anyone on this forum to double-check me on the warranty details, but for right now it certainly puts my mind at ease.

Slade

Hopefully you never have any problems with it. I have heard bad things about geek squad. On the other hand I have used them a few times and no issues at all.

Remember sales people are there to sell. If they can make a sell by telling more than what is they will.

Brentr said:
Is there something else I can use to control the volume on 2 pairs of speakers? I remember I used to have a fader knob which would adjust volume on 2 sets of speakers in an old boat. I am looking to go very inexpensive :cheers:

Well, you run the risk of damaging your amp if you are not running a multi channel capable amp. Most volume controls for home audio have circuitry that matches the impedance of your amp.

I've gotten speaker controls from the following place:

www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com

For about $25, they sell stereo impedance matching controls that work very well. I had some installed outdoors in weatherproof junction boxes and they worked great for the several years that I had them (before we sold that house). Because they are impedance matching, it is possible to run several speaker pairs off one set of receiver output terminals. BTW, similar units are sold at Lowes (The OnQ brand, I believe) for over double the price of these units. This unit even comes built into a weatherproof box:

http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/70-w ... ntrol.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.