My Old Intex vs New Polygroup Pro Pool

Slide the end of the Intex hoses over the return jet and skimmer on the pool and use a hose clamp, they fit just right. Dont use the screw on part at the pool.

Those are only used to connect to the filter, you can let the grey couplers slide down the hose where they connect to the pool.

We just finished putting our pool up and I have to agree, the leveling is certainly the worst part of the job. Overall I'm happy with the quality of the poly group pool, with the exception of the pump. With that said, I've done a lot reading on these pools and that is a common complaint so I was not surprised at the low quality there. The pump seems to pump enough water for decent circulation, but it is noisy and runs VERY hot. I am into aquariums and know that a hot pump will eventually split the magnet on the impeller which will kill the pump. The noise is from the impeller moving around in the pump sleeve, due to low quality control at the manufacturer. When it dies, I am thinking about trying to replace it with a danner mag-drive pond pump with a similar gph rating. I will probably have to do some modifications to the skimmer basket, but I am thinking of putting an aquarium bulkhead at the bottom of the skimmer and then plumbing in the pump. I would probably use another bulkhead on the return line at the pool so I could use normal sized PVC parts. Just an idea I'm kicking around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.