My OB in Vegas!

OK, we decided to stick with mini pebble Midnight Blue. There are options to add bags of glass per batch or throw it on by hand during the process. The glass beads are expensive and there isn't a lot of value if you mix it in and the glass gets buried. At least that is what we were advised. He said they look very nice but a bag per batch wasn't going to make much difference as far as smoothness was concerned. There is already a pretty good uptick in price just for midnight blue because the dye is expensive. Sticking with plan A. Inspection on Monday and plaster on tuesday as long as the plumber is here on monday to install the in floor cleaning parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks Kim. Should be a fun time next week. As much as I have enjoyed the experience, it has been pretty time consuming. Looking forward to getting it wrapped up.

IMAZ gave me his pool start up guy's number and he is coming over next week. I need help for the first 30 days making sure I don't mess anything up. He is going to help with programming the Pentair and getting the water balanced. The pool we had when I was a kid was all manual and all we measured was chlorine and PH. You went out to the heater and set the knob to 80 degrees. If you wanted to turn on the spa, your spent a couple minutes manually opening and closing the screw valves and turned up the heat. If the pool got low on water, you opened the fill valve and if you were lucky you remembered to turn it off before bed. There were a few times that someone forgot. For a kid, that was fun. It was an infinity pool for a couple of days.

Not a ton of noticeable changes today. They did square up the spa to prepare for the travertine going around the outside of the spa and hopefully set the coping tomorrow.
2fcd8f3df92fc970397383d70584aeb4.jpg

You will like Ruben, very professional. He caught something fairly early that could have been a disaster. Although I am set on doing maintenance myself, I am going to work something out where he comes once a month and just checks the entire system for me.

The wall is going back up as I write this and the gate goes in tomorrow. Plumber is coming out today to hook up the sheer descents and then they can be capped. Plumber has the rest of his guys coming out on Monday to wrap up with the in floor cleaning components. Pre-plaster inspection scheduled for Monday and plaster on Tuesday. Landscapers are finishing up on the main deck and sunken fire pit area along with the rest of the drip system. Not sure when the grass comes in. Maybe Monday or Tuesday. Tile team should be here later today or tomorrow to finish the spa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So good news and not so good news. We passed pre plaster inspection, plumber was here today and set the in floor cleaning units and connected the sheer descents. Tile was here and set the step markers in the pool and spa. He also finished the front and two side walls of the spa. Not so good news is that we have not completed the spa coping and if we delay the plaster tomorrow, we could be weeks from a new date.

Plaster is going in and the tile guy will have to wrap up with water in the pool. Not ideal but we only have the spa and the two back pillars to finish. I am mostly concerned about mortar falling into the pool and messing with the chemistry and thus the plaster finish.

Well your are finishing VERY fast and everything looks great.
For your concern about mortar you could always by a small cheap solar cover for the spa and over cut it some so the edges go up the spa slightly and tape them down so when the guys are working any pieces of tile or mortar or even tools will fall right no top of the cover.
Just an idea , I'm sure someone smarter than me will chime in with something better or with a personal experience that worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, it's nice to be able to finally answer some questions instead of ALWAYS having to ask.
Also a tarp from HD or lowes should serve the same purpose
I was so happy about my first idea for a "win" I just wanted to sound smart x2
Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two pallets of grass showed up early this morning. Plaster truck should be on the way. 60% chance of thunderstorms around noon. I was always under the impression that water went in immediately following plaster. I was told the other day that they will install the plaster today and then come back tomorrow to do the acid wash. Does that sound right?

Two pallets of grass showed up early this morning. Plaster truck should be on the way. 60% chance of thunderstorms around noon. I was always under the impression that water went in immediately following plaster. I was told the other day that they will install the plaster today and then come back tomorrow to do the acid wash. Does that sound right?

That is correct with pebble finish

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.