MY INGROUND SALTWATER POOL IS LOOKING LIKE A LAKE -- GREEEEN

Re: MY INGROUND SALTWATER POOL IS LOOKING LIKE A LAKE -- GRE

Just hold off on testing the CYA for now. Save the tests for after. It's appearing to me that you may have a low CYA level.

It's gonna be impossible to clear up without the pump running. This will just prevent further outbreak. I'd save the chlorine until your pump/filter is running to do more shocking.

Will save bleach...just added 364oz and brushed it like a madman...pretty fast huh! I DO NOT want algae again...I will brush for exercise twice daily if necessary until I get that pump repaired.

Thinking out loud here.....
I see you have a booster pump. Is there any way this is hooked up to a dedicated line for vacuum? Any way to run this without your main pump? I've never used a booster and am not sure their function, but if you can filter-circulate water at all it will help.

It only works when the other is on...and it is on its last leg too...don't even know what it it rated...but...I'll look into it...I like what you're thinking...

If it's gonna mess something up then skip it. Not worth messing up more.

Your results from 9/18 and 9/19 show CC values ending in an eighth of a ppm.

Can you explain how you got this value? The test kit only has a resolution of half a ppm...

Also, get that pump fixed. I had to replace my pump motor this summer but even with replacing the bearing and doing some impeller maintenance I was able to get it done the day after it quit - can't risk having it down for long. You need that pump running to clear up your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.