Jun 20, 2023
FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Crude prototype here -
This is an old 5gal sports drink/water dispenser jug sorta thing. Got rid of the push button valve and just rigged a pen tube in there capped with a bit of playdoh.
Works well to slowly dispense a few diluted cups of muriatic acid into the pool right over the return jet. Takes almost 15min to dispense/set it and forget it. Works better for me than trying to slowly pour a 5gal bucket into the pool. Open to copy and critique. Just sharing. Thx all for a great forum-learned a lot lurking.

Attachments

• IMG_0441.jpeg
    IMG_0441.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0426.jpeg
    IMG_0426.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 16
Please do not do this. No need. Simply add the acid directly at a pool return with the pump running. Brush the area after if you wish. No need to dilute, and never, never put acid in a container other than one marked for Acid. Using containers typically used for human consumption is dangerous.

No need to delete; this might be interesting for other things, just not MA. We all had these ideas, trust me, before reading more on this site!

As mentioned, no need to dilute in a 5 gallon bucket -- it dilutes just fine in a 13,500 gallon bucket! It's a good idea to pour in front of a return slowly enough that the water jet pushes it out into the mix, but that should only take a few seconds for the amounts you'd be adding to keep in range. You can test it out -- put MA (or chlorine or anything) in with the pump running, and test the water 30 minutes later at the other end of the pool. You'll find that it's mixed in perfectly.

You don't even have to measure perfectly -- I marked a stick with the levels of a jug at 1/4 granularity (just because 32oz is my standard add), and transfer that to new jugs. Then I just pour approx 32oz straight from the jug when I get to the top of my range (7.9ish), and pH goes down to whatever (7.4-7.6, doesn't really matter). That minimizes handling/pouring.

Also remember the jingle if anyone is ever mixing into an approved container.

Do like you oughta, add acid to watah.

(Never add water into acid)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.