My first test results w/TF-100

Yeah you're right. I'm seeing little clusters creeping up again and my chlorine is dropping pretty good each time (lost my notes from today's readings though). Any harm in chlorinating over shock level other than wasting money?

Yes. From what i understand and have read on here it can damage your liner. Your best bet is consistent additions to remain at SLAM level..... so if you are off for the summer devote a day or two to checking every hour and bringing your level back up above SLAM level. You also want to make sure you don't fall below SLAM level so when you add chlorine go 3 or 4 higher than your minimum so as it falls it is still above minimum.

For example if you need to SLAM it at 20 get it up to 23 or 24, an hour later test it and bring it back to 23 or 24, wait, test, repeat. Your pool looks good so you can't be too far from being done. Make sure your ladder, pool toys etc are clean too.

Is it plaster or vinyl ??

vinyl

Yes. From what i understand and have read on here it can damage your liner. Your best bet is consistent additions to remain at SLAM level..... so if you are off for the summer devote a day or two to checking every hour and bringing your level back up above SLAM level. You also want to make sure you don't fall below SLAM level so when you add chlorine go 3 or 4 higher than your minimum so as it falls it is still above minimum.

For example if you need to SLAM it at 20 get it up to 23 or 24, an hour later test it and bring it back to 23 or 24, wait, test, repeat. Your pool looks good so you can't be too far from being done. Make sure your ladder, pool toys etc are clean too.

Perfect, this is what I was talking about. I have been SLAMing at 16 (CYA=40) and each time I check the past couple days it'd be 13.5 or 14 and then Id bring it back up to 16. So that is exactly what I was wondering, thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.