My first pool - Intex 24'x52'

Fill 'er up!
b50d2d98081c5f9b7f307c2c7b3cdfa9.jpg

My little girl can't wait!
e4e317d1bde23b5760edd0fe82d1182d.jpg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Ok, I filled up the pool and took some measurements.

pH was right around 7.5.

The chlorine test had no reading, so I'm assuming no chlorine.

CYA showed nothing, so it must be below 30. The test only measures from 30 to 90.

Alkalinity reads 120.

I got ya covered! I will post what I give to new pool owners! It is a lot of info. so take it slow and a bit at a time.

CYA has to be added to the water so set it at 0 when you are running the numbers in Pool Math.

Here are some links you will need when you are starting up a pool.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With the stabilizer put it in a sock and hang it in front of the hose. Yeah a sock like you wear. Do not bother testing for the CYA until it has all dissolved and had a day or so to mix in good. If the pool fills before it is done you can hang it in front of the return.

When you add the bleach do so slowly in front of the return to help mix it up.

When you are adding Muratic Acid (MA) and chlorine make sure to do them 15 mins apart. They do NOT play well together. You should also store them away as well.

Kim:cat:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.