My first ever Pool Story Begins - Intex 32 Feet AGP

Hi Kim, I think it is my test strips came with the intex not working properly and it always shows 1.0 ppm chlorine. I tried liquid based one and it shows almost 8.0 PPM but still the chlorine smell is not so heavy and the mosquito larva got killed but the other water bug still lives (May be for now). I used 5litters of liquid with 5% chlorine and 1 KG of TCCA 90% chlorine trichlor which is yet to be dissolved completely.

Hi Casey, People here dont understand the name cyanuric acid and I searched for alternative names I could not get it. I have given the formula for cyanuric acid and lets see if I can get that.

Ask for stabilizer or balance for pools that is what we call CYA here.

The test strips do NOT work. The liquid test is the best.

You should not be able to smell the chlorine. IF you do that is because your pool is not balanced and in need of help.

You will need to add chlorine once a day or night.

Kim

Hi Kim, thanks I tried those names too, I think, I should try in different places. I tried with the chemical shops, now I should go back to the pool accessory store.

You should not be able to smell the chlorine. IF you do that is because your pool is not balanced and in need of help.
Sorry I did not understand that quite well. Most hotels and resorts I have been too had the chlorine smell, are those not balanced?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.