My Father-in-law tried to open my pool! Help!

Well this latest test gave me a solid 7! Woohoo! I added another 20oz to bring me up to 7.2. I'll retest in an hour and let ya'll know!

Good to hear. My only real concern with your pH was that you didn't really know what it was. Now that you do, I'd leave it be. Give your pool a day to settle, and run another set of numbers.

With lower TA numbers, I get nervous making big pH changes. It can lead quickly to whack a mole.

Good to hear. My only real concern with your pH was that you didn't really know what it was. Now that you do, I'd leave it be. Give your pool a day to settle, and run another set of numbers.

With lower TA numbers, I get nervous making big pH changes. It can lead quickly to whack a mole.

So retest in the morning to make sure everything is as it should be before I start my SLAM?

I had added baking soda last night and my TA is testing at 60ppm now.

Your pH is good now. SLAM away! After the SLAM we can address any other level changes.

Thanks Splash...That makes sense..if my thinking is right...(debatable at times)...the base demand test will give you a proper demand even though you don't actually know what the real value is...am I thinking this correctly..now???
The base demand could help and compliment the calculator. In those uncommon times when the levels are really (really) outside the ideal range parameters, we still try to be cautious. Just in case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.