My Autopilot Pool Pilot Digital broke, but I can't find a replacement part for it. What to do?

SW Pool Owner

Jun 24, 2022
Long Island, New York
I have a 110v autopilot pool pilot digital that broke, and I can't find any replacement. At first the amps stopped and the tri sensor wire was fried. I went to adjust the system and it dropped and now the screen is showing gibberish / japanese.

This is my SWG: https://autopilot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Digital-4-e1546463819484.jpg

Everywhere I've looked online is either the nano or the replacement takes 50-60 days to ship. Is there anything I can do? At this point I'm enticed to just switch to a new salt cell system instead of paying somewhere around $2000 to buy the same system I can't find parts for.

If anyone can please help as the difficulty in finding the right part replacement has been driving me crazy all day and I'm at my wits end.

I have , I see parts there but that seems like I’d need to rewire the box and also the circuitry inside. I was hoping to just buy a new box that just works. I don’t really have an electronics background so I don’t even know if I could buy the right parts and wire it properly

Well if you share more about what model box you are looking for, what box they suggested, why you think you need to do rewiring maybe we can help more.

Sure the model number is 75003

These weird characters stream across the screen and my phone doesn’t capture it in video either.

The device was complaining about not enough amps, and then when looking at the wire my pool guy noticed it was browned out.

So he’s saying it’s possible the whole things fried or will fry and I should just replace the whole device and he’ll rewire it.

Attachments

• 7F74A548-4D1A-4CF0-B791-EBD8C9C80B54.jpeg
    7F74A548-4D1A-4CF0-B791-EBD8C9C80B54.jpeg
    365.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 39808DEE-E59E-4079-92E5-8254306054E6.jpeg
    39808DEE-E59E-4079-92E5-8254306054E6.jpeg
    339.4 KB · Views: 4
You have a burnt connector.

You probably should replace the entire unit and start fresh with a new unit that should give you a few good years of service.

Unfortunately there is no one "best" SWG.

I think the Pentair IntelliChlor is the most robust cell and with a 36K pool it has an IC60 cell.

Many folks here like the Circupool RJ system and they have an RJ60+ that is sized right for your system.

We recommend you get a cell that is rated around 2X your pool volume. One of the reasons your system may have fried is because it was undersize for your pool.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.