My 2 years 2 pools build project in pics

Thanks. Yes I am very proud and proud that it is complete. At least getting the pool up is complete. It does feel good that all my hard work resulted in a good install. My OCPD kind of took control and while leveling if that darn bubble was not perfectly in the middle it drove me crazy. :hammer: :-D All kidding aside other than the obvious reason to make the pool area as level as I could get it, my garden is behind the pool area on the low side of the yard. I did not think my tomatoes needed 5000 gal. of watering.

I'm getting the same pool but a gray one and I won't be digging! I have an excavator coming out in a few weeks. The only digging I will be doing is grading the spot and sinking pavers. I know what those digs are like because I did one by myself with a 24' pool when the ex husband and I were still together! Casey (my dog, since passed away in Oct) would work on the pool every evening after work with me. She was the supervisor and kept asking if I were done yet, she wanted to swim! :mrgreen: It was her pool as much as mine. I couldn't so much as sneak a swimsuit on without her knowing! :lol: I wanted another pool for us to swim in but I didn't make it. We ran out of time together. :(

Casey, I understand the not digging part. Sorry about your dog. We are a rescue house and have had as many as 7 but only have 5 now and I love them all. None of them like to swim thou.

Thanks linen. This is it, not doing it again even for a bigger pool. This one is all we need..........maybe lol.

Took off work today for my Birthday and stayed in the pool all day. :whoot: Made all the hard work worth it. :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Taterfink. Yes landscaping is in the works. Planning for a deck on the left side with a ramp access instead of steps so my mother can get to it and a removable ramp entry into the pool. Also plan to put up an 8 foot privacy fence (we have nosy neighbors). In side the fence we plan to install a shower. We do a lot of dirty yard work and want to be able to run through the shower before jumping in the pool. As far as ground landscaping I am going to put rubber mulch around the pool with stepping stones. Don't know how much of these plans will get done this Summer but I will post pics as we go along.

Very nice job. I am planning on running two filters also if I need to. I think one problem with the cartridge filters is that people clean them out to often. The cartridge filters work better when they are dirty.

Thanks 1380Ken. I did not like the small amount of water circulation with the one pump. The two together gives a nice flow. I clean my filters once a week. There are a lot of trees around my yard and if they drop leaves they end up in the pool (which they are because we are about 12" below our norm rain level here in Memphis and trees are not doing well). The filters that I use have the basket in them for the 1" chlorine tables which also work well for me.

1380ken said:
Very nice job. I am planning on running two filters also if I need to. I think one problem with the cartridge filters is that people clean them out to often. The cartridge filters work better when they are dirty.
when I used cartridge filters, i found that they had to be cleaned at least once a weak otherwise the water flow became very weak. Clogged filters slow down the flow.

I think one problem with the cartridge filters is that people clean them out to often. The cartridge filters work better when they are dirty.
Nope. A sand filter may see some improvement after it has captured a little dirt but not a cartridge. Any filter should be cleaned/backwashed after you observe a 20-25% rise in psi.

[quote=". A sand filter may see some improvement after it has captured a little dirt but not a cartridge. Any filter should be cleaned/backwashed after you observe a 20-25% rise in psi.[/quote]
You say that like you know it is true, but you are wrong. A clean cartridge filter is a depth filter, particles are trapped in the filter medium. A depth filter will only capture larger particles. Once the filter medium fills up with larger particles a layer of particles builds up on top of the filter medium. This layer becomes the filter and is called a cake filter. A cake filter will capture much smaller particle. This doesn't mean to never clean your filter but it means cleaning too often is not good. Once a week should be fine.
Also the pumps are better in parrallel. In series you wont get twice the flow and it is almost like having only one filter. In parrallel you get twice the filter area.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.