Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I've had this cleaner for maybe 4 years and I'm pretty familiar with it, but this is a new one on me. Every year it needs tracks and scrub brushes. It does need to be opened up to catch stuff that wraps around the motor from time to time. In March of 2022 it started running slow and going in circles, so I ordered Zodiac's tune up kit, which included engine, bearings, axles with new bearings, tracks, and sides A/B directional control boxes.

Fast forward to now. The cleaner stops completely shortly after starting. The engine doesnt turn, scrubbers, tracks, nothing, as if something got caught in the engine, but when I open it up theres nothing. It wont move until I manually turn the engine and close it back up. I did some research and replaced this middle engine housing, which is original. Looking at my picture, the wipers circled in red were worn and I though maybe water was getting past it causing the motor to not turn from suction like it should, but there is no change. I watched it this time, and the first time it picks up one leaf, it stops. I dont want to just throw parts at this thing, so I'm hoping maybe someone has experienced this? The engine and bearings all feel good and free. When manually turning the scrubbers, both side tracks go one way, go into neutral then go the other direction as they should.

The directional boxes are 25-30 each but the tune up kit is 170. I dont understand why the rebuild only lasted barely 18 months, and really hoping I dont have to buy the 170 dollar tune up kit every year. If you guys have no solid advice, I'm torn between buying new directional control boxes or just biting the bullet and getting that rebuild kit again. TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 9
Bump for any replies? I broke down and just bought two directional control devices. I also timed the wheels turning and turned up the suction. It helped a bit but the cleaner is still jamming. When it’s stuck, I try to turn the motor and something is jamming it. It is very hard to turn, then once again turns freely when I move it a bit, until it jams again of course. The directional control devices have the most moving parts, but are brand new, so I’m lost. Thinking of disassembling the cleaner further to see if there is any debris or stuck bearings. I also took apart the old directional boxes and could find nothing wrong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.