Mustard Algae

Ending this thread. I will be here reading other people's problems but I'm not getting much help. Thanks to those who responded, especially tado921. When we figure it out I will post a picture.

Update: 90 % improvement this morning. Greenish-brown this morning. I am not as frustrated as I was last night. Will post a pic once we get it cleared. Still holding low evels of chlorine which is a plus.

Two sand filters running overnight, 1 with DE, towels hanging in the pool, and magic erasers in the skimmer....whew! Those magic erasers really collected the metal...probably not a big factor in clearing up this big mess of a pool but I will remember that for the future...might just leave them in there.

small iron pool.jpg From here
Clean pool copy.jpg to here.

Thanks for sharing my pool saga with me. Good luck to anybody else who might have a similar problem. Polyquat 60 in the pool after ascorbic acid treatment until we get chlorine level back up. Last fight is getting the chlorine back up....pool is beautiful!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.