Mustard Algae

I've test my CH with and without the SpeedStir - I usually see about 2 drops less (so lower CH) when using the SpeedStir and concentrating on letting the drops fully form.
The SpeedStir is a game changer for most everyone who has one. If mine broke today, a new one would be ordered tomorrow.
Thanks for your input. I will order one soon.

Reactions: proavia
The gfci in that bathroom may feed that receptacle- it’s a cost saving thing that builders do by putting other receptacles on the load side of 1 gfci. They are supposed to put a sticker on all receptacles fed this way but they forget or they fall off over time.
Go press the test button in the bathroom & see if the receptacle outside loses power.

Reactions: Newdude
The gfci in that bathroom may feed that receptacle- it’s a cost saving thing that builders do by putting other receptacles on the load side of 1 gfci. They are supposed to put a sticker on all receptacles fed this way but they forget or they fall off over time.
Go press the test button in the bathroom & see if the receptacle outside loses power.
That's a great idea. The outlets are inverted because there is a switch right of it. I'm going to test them out with switch and then TEST the bathroom GFCi and check them again. Will report back in the morning.

Kitchen is 40 ft away. Bathroom one is much closer.
That doesn't matter. In my old house the upstairs bathroom fed the garage on the other side of the house while the closer bathroom criss crossed it it other way. There's no telling what made sense at the time of install that one GFCI leg already had enough load so they used another to the outside outlet and then kept going to the basement (etc etc).

Reactions: Mdragger88
Kitchen is 40 ft away. Bathroom one is much closer.

Just reporting that the outside outlets pictured in the post above are indeed GFCI protected. The TEST button was in the breaker box and I was able to successfully determine that I can use those outlets for the sump pump to drain the water. Now, I need to research if there are any other repairs which I can perform when the pool has been drained.
Here is a thread which I started few days ago. Any input from the experts here will be appreciated. Also, is there any benefit to hire someone for acid wash while the pool has been drained? Any other tasks I can leverage?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.