Mustard Algae?

I ran into a similar problem last summer. I consistently passed the OCLT but the patches kept appearing on the bottom of the pool, mainly in the shallow end. Since I was maintaining FC and the water was otherwise clear, I finally concluded that it had to be just dirt...combination of pollen, dirt from the blower after a day of yard work, dirt from kids' feet, etc. My solution was to brush it around as often as possible and let the filter eventually take care of it. I also ran the polaris daily, mainly to circulate the bottom of the pool since the "dirt" was too fine to be vacuumed by the polaris. This strategy worked for me and the water eventually returned to its normal TFP sparkle.

Keep us updated, and good luck!

Does this look like Mustard Algae as well? I just opened the pool about two weeks ago. FC 5.5 as of today's test.

Guessing SLAM is the next thing I need to do?

IMG_7022.jpgIMG_7022.jpgIMG_7022.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Does this look like Mustard Algae as well? I just opened the pool about two weeks ago. FC 5.5 as of today's test.

Guessing SLAM is the next thing I need to do?

IMG_7022.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.