Mustard Algae? Stuck on walls

Get 5ppm of liquid chlorine into the pool...test after 30 minutes. Pour slowly in quart batches.. immediately brush around for 10 seconds. If pump is now running add in a small stream over the return in its entirety...might brush a bit too on the bottom (chlorine sinks).

Keep your FC at the high end of target for your CYA of 30. Link-->FC/CYA Levels

@PoolStored
So I added 5cups of UVshield for CYA (which should have increased our pool size ~30ppm). The calculator says for a SWG it should be more like 60-70.
I don’t want to add too much too soon.
How long after I add the CYA should I test? From reading the feedback seems to say anywhere from 1 hour to 1 week.
I don’t want to damage the SWG but am anxious to put the salt in and get it started.

@PoolStored
So I added 5cups of UVshield for CYA (which should have increased our pool size ~30ppm). The calculator says for a SWG it should be more like 60-70.
I don’t want to add too much too soon.
How long after I add the CYA should I test? From reading the feedback seems to say anywhere from 1 hour to 1 week.
I don’t want to damage the SWG but am anxious to put the salt in and get it started.
How did you "add" it?

Dissolve in a sock? Probably 24-48 hours. If you don't get the 30 you expected, wait another day. I've had a batch that took 4 days.
Dump in the skimmer? Maybe a bit longer.

You should always put CYA in a sock and hang in front of a return carrot and stick style.

Put the salt in and start up the SWCG, no reason to wait for CYA.

Test your CURRENT salt levels before adding any salt. You may be surprised at the amount of salt you already have...

How did you "add" it?

Dissolve in a sock? Probably 24-48 hours. If you don't get the 30 you expected, wait another day. I've had a batch that took 4 days.
Dump in the skimmer? Maybe a bit longer.

You should always put CYA in a sock and hang in front of a return carrot and stick style.

Put the salt in and start up the SWCG, no reason to wait for CYA.

Test your CURRENT salt levels before adding any salt. You may be surprised at the amount of salt you already have...
Yes. As you suggested with a sock over the return valve occasionally squeezing the bag. It finished this morning. So we will test tomorrow evening before adding.
Thank you- we did test salt, it’s currently around 2200, so I figure we need a bag or two?

Yes. As you suggested with a sock over the return valve occasionally squeezing the bag. It finished this morning. So we will test tomorrow evening before adding.
Thank you- we did test salt, it’s currently around 2200, so I figure we need a bag or two?
In as large a pool as you have it’s more than two bags. As stated pool math will tell you more detail. In my small 13500 gallon pool a 40lb bag raises my salt by roughly 350ppm. I would guess in a 33000 gallon pool it’s less than 150ppm per 40lb bag. My swg wants 3500 - what does yours prefer?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.