Mustard algae staining walls??

I've seen this in an extremely diligently maintained pool,
The problem ended up being the neighbour's chooks kicking up organic matter.
The staining always appeared on the pool wall & floor opposite the chooks (where the wind blew it in).

I have this exact same issue as well. I purchased my home in February and this issue was present. There was a robot vacuum so the deep floor looks ok but staining appears on the walls and shallow floor. I had 1 ppm Iron and 3 ppm copper, and it sort of seemed like it would come off with citric acid in a sock, so I let my chlorine drop and attempted a citric acid treatment. For a few days it appeared the floors were better but I may have been imagining things. I used Metal Free to remove the metals and I’ve reintroduced chlorine. The stains still look the same. I am unable to superchlorinate effectively because my CYA is around 100 so I’m wondering if that’s part of my problem. However others claim even mustard algae should be able to be brushed away. My stains can’t be brushed away so I’m still unsure if it’s algae or something else. My calcium hardness is also high at 800 ppm so I’m wondering if scaling is contributing to the problem. Let me know if you want to keep with this thread or if we should start a new one. I’m fully on board to working on a collective solution!

Tim
25,000 gallon plaster
36 sq ft DE filter, single-speed pump
FC 5 ppm
TC 5 ppm
pH 7.5
CYA 100
TA 98
CH 800
TDS 2000
Phosphates 0
Iron 0
Copper 0
Hi Tim.
I got the same problem. Did you open a mew post. Has anyone answered you?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.