Mustard algae questions

Thanks. Before I added the CH, the Ph slightly fell to 7.5 and with rain predicted for last night, I just decided to add the CH. i added about 36 oz at a time, a few hours apart, a few times. Each time monitoring clouding. Pool did not further cloud. Today, pool is fully clear. Swam for an hour with no clouding so very, very happy about that. I'm trying to target 200 CH and test was 150. Added some more CH and did other testing. Surprisingly, ph was 7.8 - pool has never been that high. Poolcalculator doesn't indicate that calcium chloride would raise Ph.

Since pool is clear, should I leave the ph alone? What is the high end of operation for Ph?

Poolcalculator doesn't indicate that calcium chloride would raise Ph.
Calcium chloride should have no effect on pH.

"The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School in the 3rd line will give you normal range for pH.

That entire article is an important read.

Thanks! I see 8.0 would Be ok. But I have to tell you, I have no other conclusion but to make that the Calcium Plus raised the ph. My ph tends to drift down. In the 7 years I have owned the pool, I have added borax to raise ph but never once had a drift upward in ph that I've had to add ma or dry acid. So to get a .3 rise (multiple tests) in 24 hours after the Calcium add I'm not sure I can draw another conclusion.

Good news is pool is very clear and that I can operate on the "high" side for a bit until it drops.

Appreciate the responses !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.