Multiport valve

Kimnlogan

May 20, 2015
Springfield, IL
Are multiport valve has been limping along the last couple of years it was a little finicky about exactly where it wanted to be without leaking but this year I'm afraid it's a total loss. As you can see in the picture one of the little metal prongs that keeps it in place is now missing and the only settings it seems to not leak in are filter and rinse. So I'm not sure what parts exactly we need to replace and how to decide what to replace it with as we've never had to replace one before. Please help the pool dummies.

Attachments

• 20240515_175044.jpg
    20240515_175044.jpg
    650.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240515_175039.jpg
    20240515_175039.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240515_175029.jpg
    20240515_175029.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240515_175027.jpg
    20240515_175027.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 6
Metal prongs? Are you talking about that small piece of stainless steel in picture number 3 that goes through the handle? If so, it can just be tapped back into the handle, it is just the axel that the handle hinges on. It should be flush with the handle on both sides (more or less) and does not locate the handle/valve position.
That is a Waterway MPV and filter. This should be the replacement part:

Metal prongs? Are you talking about that small piece of stainless steel in picture number 3 that goes through the handle? If so, it can just be tapped back into the handle, it is just the axel that the handle hinges on. It should be flush with the handle on both sides (more or less) and does not locate the handle/valve position.
Thank you...we will try to push it back.... I thought it stuck out on both side last year.
Would we only need that part to stop the leaking or the whole thing that sits on top of the sand filter

Thank you...we will try to push it back.... I thought it stuck out on both side last year.

Would we only need that part to stop the leaking or the whole thing that sits on top of the sand filter
That pin may stick out a little, but doesn't appear to do so in pictures of the valve
The entire valve is only about $40.00 more than the top portion. With the unions you appear to have (and the hose clamp) it would be an easy replacement. Would allow you to see if there is a need for more sand as well. Or in a filter that small just replace it all to be sure, that's what I would do.
The top may work, but there is nothing as good as new except new.